Localization of software is a process of adapting of a software product or a system of software to the language and culture of another country. It includes the translation of the user interface, documentation and Help/User Guide files from the source into the target language.
Solutions supporting several languages have better chances of conquering an expanded consumer market. At the same time, they help promote the status of the developing company (brand) to a new level. Localization implies not only accurate translation of the textual materials assuring they fit into the context of the interface, but also preservation of the software builds. Therefore, localizers have to be familiar not only with the subject matter of the software product and specifics of translation into the target language, but also understand how the software works.
Localization, being a complex process, is carried out by a group of specialists: translators, technical designers, programmers and testers, and requires customer’s participation. To deliver a high quality turnkey product, our specialists establish and maintain continuous communication with the customer to avoid any errors and misunderstandings. Only if we work on the project together, we can guarantee that the final product will fully meet your expectations.
1. Assessment of the volume of text to be translated
2. Assessment of software adaptability and its «pseudo localization» Translation, editing and proofreading of the text
3. Creation of a TM based on the LocKits of previous versions (WinAlign)
4. Proofreading by scientific editors–experts in the subject matter
5. Maintenance of the project’s glossary in MultiTerm
6. Coordination of terminology with the customer.
7. Automatic monitoring of consistency of variables with the help of SDL Trados tools.
8. End-to- end monitoring of terminology and quality of translation.
9. Linguistic testing.
software localization for exported equipment
localization of mobile applications for Android and iOS
Windows applications localization
localization of ERP applications
Localization is a complex multilevel process requiring an engagement of various specialists.
Our team of experienced professionals is capable of handling tasks of any complexity and scope.
Entrusting your localization project with TransLink, you can be sure to receive a successfully adopted high quality end product.